Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Hindi nangangahulugang kapag gutom ang mamamayan ay mag-aaklas sila.
Kung wala silang kritikal na kamalayang pulitikal, hindi pa rin ito
magbubunga ng malawakan, makabuluhan at pangmatagalang pagbabago.
Mahalaga ang gampanin ng mga intelektwal sa
pagpapataas ng antas ng kamulatan ng mamamayan.
- State of the Philippine forestry (Advani**, Angeles, Baldres, Baquiran, Belgira, Yasay)
- State of the Philippine fishery (Bruselas, Caranto**, Cauton, Concepcion, dela Cruz)
- State of the Philippine air quality (Duquiatan, Eguico, Elefan, Fernandez**, Francisco)
- State of the Philippine flora (Gamao, Hechanova, Honrade**, Javier, Lara, Sabrina)
- State of the Philippine fauna (Lopez, Martinez, Mayoca, Meneses, Onanad**, Kris Anne)
- State of the Philippine land-use policy (Politud, Rosales**, Santos, Tan, Tecson)
*speech (10 minutes only) with a slide show background
** speaker (formal attire)
Note: The rest of the group members should provide the research and technical assistance.
Ms. Cauton and Mr. Onanad, kindly reserve and transfer the podium to RH 229
- State of the Philippine higher education = http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/july/30/yehey/opinion/20080730opi4.html
- malunggay = horseradish tree = drumstick tree = moringa oleifera
- ginisa trio = bawang, sibuyas, kamatis (Winnie Cordero)
- Economic botany = http://www.econbot.org/_welcome_/to_seb.php
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
- 87.33% of NCR respondents = in favor of scrapping oil EVAT (Ibon Survey)
- 138 bills = number of authored bills by Sen. Trillanes even in detention
- 2009 national budget = http://services.inquirer.net/print/print.php?article_id=20080730-151560
- Philippines = top 3 in terms of kidnapping cases worldwide
- 0.84% = percent of the national budget allotted to the Philippine judiciary
any item which can be sold in the upcoming garage sale of DEVSOC.
Proceeds will form part of DEVSOC's fund to
finance its lined up projects for this academic year.
For those who are willing to donate, please coordinate with
Jotabs Teves or Maple Solano for documentation and accounting purposes.
- square root = pariugat
- equation = tumbasan
- debt trap = practice of incurring new debt to pay off the old (Walden Bello)
- debt trap = ang inutang ay pambayad utang
- Middle class = http://www.nscb.gov.ph/headlines/StatsSpeak/2007/121007_rav_poverty.asp
- MLSA = Mutual Logistics Support Agreement = http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20080116-112786/RP-US-extend-Mutual-Logistics-Support-Agreement-5-years
*recommended by Justine Bauzon
Sunday, July 27, 2008
- Opening Remarks: Arquiza (extent and nature of corruption)
- Yu, Padilla, Miranda, Cruz, Cossid = educational discussion about IBP (basic social problems)
- Bautista, del Rosario, Duhaylungsod, Fabros, Gregorio = AVP about Ethics and Public Service
- Cruz, Cruz, Peji, Detros, Mangulabnan = puppet show about political corruption in the Philippines
- Arnanta, Garcia, Paneda, More = crossword puzzle on corruption (12 across, 12 down)
- Baltazar, Ingeniero, Asa, Sims = listening session & content analysis (Address by Gary Granada)
- Acharon, Arquiza, De Leon, Domingo, Nartea = flowchart of the impeachment process
- Ciriaco, Gervasio, Fernandez, Reyes, Tenorio = discussion about Corruptionary
- Coronel, Daradal, Rojo, Lapena = global & local corruption surveys pertaining to the Philippines
- Song number: Coronel (Rosas ng Digma)
- Closing Remarks: Yu (call to action against corruption)
- 10 minutes each group; RESEARCH WELL; use audience-friendly visual aids;
economize; substandard presentation will be given a special project;
jurors will be invited to evaluate/rate your presentations
Note: Text me if your group wish to clarify anything pertaining to the ACLE
Conrado de Quiros
- MONOPOLY (of power, information, resources) - ACCOUNTABILITY = CORRUPTION
(Source: NCPAG Dean Alex Brilliantes)*
- natural family planning method = GMA's bias in keeping with the Church dogma
- Politics of Dress = http://www.iias.nl/nl/46/IIAS_NL46_0405.pdf
- Politics of Dress = http://www.inquirer.net/specialfeatures/sona/view.php?db=1&article=20080728-151113
- 12 reminders to UPCAT takers = http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/learning/view/20080728-151117/12-reminders-to-UPCAT-takers
- The UPCAT: 15 ways parents can help = http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/learning/view/20080728-151119/The-UPCAT-15-ways-parents-can-help
*forwarded by Carlo Valerio (MPA student in NCPAG; graduate of UP Manila)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
judicialization of politics as "the process by which the Constitutition
assigns the judiciary new and expanded powers and responsibilities,
give it great potential to judicialize policy processes that would
otherwise be the responsibility of the majoritarian institutions."
UP Prof. Randy David, in his e-mail, regard it as a reversal of modernity's gains,
even if it may often be a response to the failure of politics.
- Governance and subsidy = http://up-ncpag.org/press/?p=128
- Noses, brains, race = http://services.inquirer.net/print/print.php?article_id=20080723-150091
- Mar Roxas on RVAT = http://www.senate.gov.ph/press_release/2008/0723_roxas1.asp
- Chiz Escudero - so young, and so out of touch? = http://services.inquirer.net/print/print.php?article_id=20080723-150088
- DS 123 (July 25) - continuation of poetry reading on kasarian, kultura at lipunan;
submission of the interview guide for the 2nd feature article
- Econ 101 (July 25) - group face-off on medical tourism (timer: Penetrante);
continuation of the poetry reading on political economy
- Econ 11 (July 25) - symposium (Review of GMA's past SONAs) CAS LT 1:00-5:00 PM
- NSTP (July 26) - continuation of reporting on poverty studies; submission of note-taking;
submission of the poster output; recitation
- DS 123 (July 29) - panel discussion on Margie Holmes letter correspondence with readers
- Econ 101 (July 29) - poetry reading on political economy (http://jk22b.blogspot.com/2008/07/econ-101-july-29.html)
- Econ 11 (July 29) - long exam on In the Shadow of Debt by Walden Bello http://opinion.inquirer.net/viewpoints/columns/view/20080426-132819/In-the-shadow-of-debt
- Econ 101 W (July 30) - group face-off on GATS; continuation of individual reporting; long-exam
covering contemporary Philippine and international economic and business affairs/issues
- DS 123 (Aug. 1) - film viewing (Ms. Solano, please reserve RH 313 AVR)
- Econ 101 (Aug. 1) - group face-off on Federalism (as a necessary condition for Philippine economic development)
Bolunia, Cortes, Delfin, Gaddi, Jalina, Tolentino VS. Malabanan, Orense, Penetrante, Roa, Santos, Santuele
- Econ 11 (Aug. 1) - group face-off (Mcdonaldization of the society)
- NSTP (Aug. 2) - recitation on Corruption in the Philippines
- DS 127 (Aug. 2) - group face-off on Reproductive Health, Responsible Parenthood and Population Development Bill = Merits (Advani to Gamao) VS. Demerits (Hechanova to Yasay)
- Abris (rice culture)
- Alfonso (rice crisis)
- Almario (Development Anthropology)
- Ang (New economy)
- Arguelles (economic cost of diabetes)
- Bolunia (polluter's pay priciple)
- Burgos (rice economy)
- Caraan (hyperreality)
- Cesar (moral suasion)
- Caraan (Ecumenical Institute for Labor Education and Research)
- Cortes (film tourism)
- Cruz (consumer sovereignty)
- De Grano (P250,000 deposit insurance limit of PDIC)
- Del Carmen (malunggay)
- Delfin (http://www.skoool.ph/)
- Gaddi (Economics of war)
- Geron (Artemio Panganiban's Liberty and Prosperity)
- Jalina (bubble economy)
- Madarang (Ginintuang Masaganang Ani)
- Malabanan (e-procurement)
- Mendoza ("Disaster Economics")
- Murillo (tax effort)
- Orense (Food for school program)
- Penetrante (Public choice theory)
- Roa (fuel economy)
- Santos (Human security)
- Santuelle (tax collection efficiency)
- Soliza (housing loans from Pag-Ibig)
- Tayag (American exceptionalism)
- Tolentino (sports economics)
- Torres (deregulation of the Philippine telecommunication industry)
- Villaceran (decongesting Manila)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
- Moral Suasion = http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/moralsuasion.asp
- Ethnoscience = http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/columns/view/20080604-140582/Ethnoscience
- Voluntary blood donation = http://portal.doh.gov.ph/ra/ra7719
Monday, July 21, 2008
- (Solano, Teves, Perez, Tria, Cruz) =
Dr. Edelina dela Paz on Global Health Course
- (Tejada, Fajardo, Faustino, Freyra, Vicente, Vizcarra) =
Dr. Cecilia Llave on cancer and Filipino's health-seeking behavior
- (Lu, Rosario, Nombrano, Laforteza, Sanicas) =
Dr. Telly Garcia on alternative medicine as a counterculture
- (Rigodon, Manarang, Navarro, Hugo, Balanag) =
Dr. Anthony Cordero on gender-sensitivity in healthcare
- (Reburiano, Gagarin, Tanyag, Go, Lepatan) =
Dr. Jaime Galvez-Tan on ethnomedicine in the Philippines
- (Atanacio, Rodriguez, Erive, Bacon, Catsao, Frias) =
Dr. June Pagaduan-Lopez on mainstreaming psycho-social health in medical education
Sunday, July 20, 2008
- Petron (39%)
- Shell (31%)
- Chevron (15%)
- Others (15%)
GMA posted a record-low -33% net satisfaction rating in May 2005.
She surpassed her own record with a -38% turn-out in June 2008.
In terms of unpopularity, she is a cut above the rest.
- DS 123 (July 22) - submission of revised feature article; submission of the paper
on post-industrialism and affluence; poetry reading on kasarian, kultura at lipunan
- Econ 101 (July 22) - group face-off on cheap medicines law; poetry reading (1st half, random)
- Econ 11 (July 22) - 3rd long exam (Market Forces on Demand & Supply); individual reporting
- Econ 101 (July 23) - group face-off on Mining Act of '95; individual reporting
- DS 123 (July 25) - continuation of the poetry reading on kasarian, kultura at lipunan.
- Econ 101 (July 25) - group face-off on medical tourism; poetry reading (2nd half, random)
- Econ 11 (July 25) - symposium (review of GMA's 2007 SONA) CAS Little Theater 1-4 PM
- NSTP (July 26) - poster submission, notes submission, recitation, individual reporting
- DS 127 (July 26) - 3rd ACLE on Human Ecology
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Opening Remarks: Geron
Closing Remarks: Orense
- Abris (pseudo-investment)
- Alfonso (Happy Planet Index)
- Almario (gift economy)
- Ang (survey nonresponse)
- Arguelles (ethical recruitment)
- Bolunia (demographic dividend)
- Burgos (comparative economics)
- Caraan (green tax)
- Comia (Small is Beautiful)
- Cortes (financial consolidation)
- Cruz (Kalayaan sa Kakapusan)
- De Grano (attention economy)
- Del Carmen (metapolicy)
- Delfin (megacities)
- Gaddi (demographic winter)
- Geron (satisficing)
- Jalina ($1-a-day poverty line)
- Madarang (pro-poor growth)
- Malabanan ($2-a-day poverty line)
- Mendoza (labor aristocracy)
- Murillo (emotion economy)
- Orense (picture-based health warning)
- Penetrante (golden arches theory)
- Roa (transition economy)
- Santos (booty capitalism)
- Santuelle (experience economy)
- Soliza (homo oikonomicus)
- Tayag (sanitary and phytosanitary standard)
- Tolentino (grameen bank)
- Torres (poverty-related diseases)
- Villaceran (sister city)
-Incorporate the information in the poem.
-4-5 stanza (4 lines per stanza)
-Original composition only
-Research well-Submit 2 copies (handwritten or encoded)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
sa kasarian, kultura at lipunan, iminumungkahi ko ang mga sumusunod:
- Magbasa ng mga aklat na may kinalaman sa paksa.
May mga kopya tayo nito sa silid-aklatan.
- Mag-sit-in sa klase ni Prop. Mary Dorothy Jose sa Kasaysayan 4
sa kanyang pahintulot (Kasaysayan ng Kababaihan sa Pilipinas).
- Bumisita sa Center for Gender and Women's Studies (PGH 8/F) para
makakuha ng impormasyon ukol sa kanilang mga programa.
- Humiling sa Gabriela-Youth na magbigay
ng women situationer sa inyong grupo.
- Magbasa ng mga artikulo ni Dr. Margarita Sinco-Holmes.
- Basahin ang ilang piling talumpati ni Sis. Mary John Mananzan
at Rep. Liza Maza ukol sa kilusang kababaihan na makukuha online.
- Bumisita sa http://www.ncrfw.gov.ph/
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Hindi naman, 'di ba?
Yhanny: Tama ka. Hindi lamang siya ang tanging problema.
Pangunahin pa ring problema ang istruktura ng ekonomya at pulitika.
Pero kung anti-GMA ka nangangahulugan din ito na laban ka sa
pangungurakot, pagsisinungaling, pandaraya at pulitikang pamamaslang.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Suriin ang mga aklat na ibinibenta rito.
Kung bibigyan ka ng pagkakataong
magmungkahi ng aklat na maaaring ibilang
sa koleksyon ng ating aklatan, ano ang pipiliin mo?
Isulat sa 1/2 yellow pad (crosswise) ang titulo,
pangalan ng may akda, kumpanyang naglathala at
paliwanag kung bakit dapat may kopya nito ang aklatan.
Isumite ito sa akin sa ika-18 ng Hulyo.
Sakaling mapagbiyan tayo ng CAS Library,
gusto kong bigyang diin na hindi nangangahulugang
sa Solidaridad Bookshop nito kailangan bilhin ang aklat.
Pinili ko lamang ang Solidaridad Bookshop dahil malapit ito
sa pamantasan at maraming Filipiniana collection dito.
Opening Remarks: Erive
Closing Remarks: Cruz
- Atanacio (white lady)
- Bacon (pulang mandirigmang babae)
- Balanag (Margarita Holmes)
- Catsao (SocSci 3)
- Cruz (Bella Flores)
- Erive (Philippine milk code)
- Fajardo (kawomenan)
- Faustino (feminist theology)
- Freyra (lactivism)
- Frias (abjection)
- Gagarin (lesbian politics)
- Go (women, water and waste)
- Hugo (Marian cult)
- Laforteza (women and diabetes)
- Lepatan (womenomics)
- Lu (disappearing daughters)
- Manarang (cycle beads)
- Navarro (role reversal)
- Nombrado (women and time poverty)
- Perez (disabled women)
- Reburiano (political economy of female criminality)
- Rigodon (great man theory)
- Rodriguez (transgender politics)
- Rosario (Lila Pilipina)
- Sanicas (legalized abortion)
- Solano (Women and U.S. Military Presence)
- Tanyag (radical feminism)
- Tejada (pilik-mata ng kambing)
- Teves (pink-collar jobs)
- Tria (herstory)
- Vicente (glass ceiling)
- Vizcarra (Sister Mary John Mananzan)
-Incorporate the information in the poem.
-4-5 stanza (4-5 lines per stanza)
-Original composition only
-Submit 2 copies (handwritten or encoded)
- plight of the municipal fisherfolks =
- subsectors in the fishing industry =
aquaculture, commercial, municipal, subsistence
- delay in the dispensation of justice = denial of justice
- Sociology of care work =
- Experience economy = http://www.managingchange.com/masscust/experien.htm
Sunday, July 13, 2008
- DS 123 (July 15) - ACLE II on tabloid journalism in the Philippines
- Econ 101 (July 15) - group face-off II (Mcdonaldization of the Society); long exam
- Econ 11 (July 15) - last group to report (Bolos, et. al.); individual reporting
- Econ 101 (July 16) - long exam on financial system; individual reporting
- DS 123 (July 18) - ACLE III on the Political Psychology of Imelda Marcos
- Econ 101 (July 18) - group face-off III (cheaper medicines law)
- Econ 11 (July 18) - 3rd long exam on market force on demand and supply (Mankiw)*
- NSTP (July 19) - reporting on poverty studies; graded recitation; poster submission
- DS 127 (July 19) - long exam on ADB readings on sustainable development; workshop
*to be provided
- Garino (Palengkenomics)
- Javier (Environmental Economics)
- Javillonar (Development Economics)
- Mabansag (Neoliberal Economics)
- Mabanglo (Gandhian Economics)
- Mabesa (Buddhist Economics)
- Moncada (Holiday Economics)
-Limit the report to 5-6 minutes (salient points only).
-Provide hand-outs.(FORMAT: bullet format, 1/2 sheet of 8 x 11 bond paper,
length-wise, Arial Narrow, 10 points)
Format: topic, byline (consolidated by:), report proper, list of sources
-Minimum number of sources: 3
- Profit is a residue, the difference between revenue
and cost but the simplicity of its definition is deceiving.
Profit is a reward for assuming possible
losses through risk and uncertainty. - Dr. Bernardo Villegas, UA&P
- Profit is the surplus value produced by a worker
which is converted into money. - Dr. Edberto Villegas, UP Manila
- Cheaper medicines law (Merits)
(Abris, Alfonso, Almario, Ang, Arguelles, Bolunia, Burgos, Caraan, Cesar)
- Cheaper medicines law (Demerits)
(Comia, Cortes, Cruz, De Grano, del Carmen, Delfin, Gaddi, Geron, Jalina)
- tilapia = more reliably available common
man's fish than galunggong (according to GMA)
- political economy of energy = http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul14/news2.htm
- political economy of Neri's appointment = http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul14/news1.htm
- In ages past = http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul14/edkarga.htm
- veritas = truth
- Sin verguenza = No shame
- Big yellow taxi* = http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/joni+mitchell/big+yellow+taxi_20075370.html
*Thanks to DS 127's Group II
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Mahirap ang (ma)buhay.
Dagdag na parusa, reklamo ulit n'ya,
kung malimit pang lumiban sa klase ang dalubguro.
Inakala n'ya na naantala lamang ang pagdating.
Sayang ang kanyang (kanilang) pamasahe, lakas, oras at
mga bagay na ipinagpaliban para sana dumalo sa klase.
(Asar)-talo siya (sila).
(Asar)-talo ang pamantasan.
Sa anumang pamantayan, luge ang mamamayang
namumuhunan sa edukasyon ng mga Isko't Iska.
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
- On underemployment = http://info.ibon.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=310&Itemid=51
- On oil regulation = http://info.ibon.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=316&Itemid=51
- On budget deficit = http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstories/view/20080710-147479/Govt-budget-gap-seen-at-P45B-in-09
- Kalam = http://www.gmanews.tv/video/25317/-SNBO--Kalam
- Sex Video = http://www.gmanews.tv/video/25440/-Reporters-Notebook--Sex-Video
- Marka ng Kahirapan = http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/related/25091/-Reporters-Notebook--Marka-ng-Kahirapan
Note: Please check other uploaded video-docu excerpts as well.
- E-VAT on oil = http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/latest/25491/-Saksi--Govt-told-Remove-VAT-raise-'sin-taxes'
- Proposed specific tax = http://www.congress.gov.ph/press/details.php?pressid=2430
- Specific tax vs. Ad valorem tax = http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/558755/specific-tax#tab=active~checked%2Citems~checked&title=specific%20tax%20--%20Britannica%20Online%20Encyclopedia
- palay = Nueva Ecija
- corn = Isabela
- banana = Campostela Valley
- coconut = Davao Oriental
- mango = Pangasinan
- Aguirre (subsidies)
- Arellano (public enterprises)
- Awitan (non-tariff barriers)
- Baile (most favored nation principle)
- Barrion (lender of last resort)
- Bautista (fiscal consolidation)
- Baybay (counterveiling measures)
- Bejasa (anti-dumping measures)
- Bolos (contagion)
- Cabanes (consumer durables)
- Cabiao (competitiveness)
- Callanta (capital gain or loss)
-font size: 10
-font style: Arial Narrow
-hand-out: 1/4 size of 8 x 11 bond paper; 35 pcs
- water = high use value but low exchange value*
- diamond = low use value but high exchange value
- oil = high use value and high exchange value
- peak oil = http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/
- revised nursing curriculum = http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul10/metro2.htm
- Presidential Anti-Graft Commission = Palace "deodorizer"*
- Neri's profile = http://www.gmanews.tv/story/61990/Romulo-L-Neri
*but may not be the case anymore due to the looming water crisis
**according to a PAGC official
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
- Mcdonaldization of the Society (Merits)
(Delfin, Gaddi, Geron, Jalina, Madarang, Malabanan, Mendoza, Torres, Villaceran)
- Mcdonaldization of the Society (Demerits)
(Murillo, Orense, Penetrante, Roa, Santos, Santuele, Soliza, Tayag, Tolentino)
-30 minutes per group (timer: Comia), timer: July 11 face-off (Santuelle)
-1 vs. 5 grading scheme
- Chiz Escudero
- Kiko Pangilinan
- Jinggoy Estrada
- Noynoy Aquino
- Bong Revilla
- Jamby Madrigal
Monday, July 07, 2008
- Manny Pacquiao = army reservist with a rank of master sergeant
- August 11 = automated ARMM election
- kasimanwa = townmate; co-citizen
- KARATULA = Kabataang Artista para sa Tunay na Kalayaan
- Philippines = export-oriented, import-dependent, capital-starved, ill-governed
- DS 123 (July 8) - continuation of the recitation-discussion on local ads
- Econ 101-TF (July 8) - Cruz on Balisacan; graded recitation (Tullao readings)
- Econ 11 (July 8) - continuation of Population ACLE; graded recitation (BSP readings)
- Econ 101-W (July 9) - Ease of Doing Business group report; individual report (1st batch)
- DS 123 (July 11) - cultural politics/social construction of Nora Aunor
- Econ 101-TF (July 11) - retail trade liberalization group face-off
- Econ 11 (July 11) - 2nd long exam (coverage: GMA's 2007 SONA)
- NSTP (July 12) - primer submission; graded recitation (assigned readings); poverty reports
- DS 127 (July 12) - ACLE on green art, green burial, green justice, greenwash, green bag, etc.
- Pro-retail trade liberalization law
(Abris, Alfonso, Almario, Ang, Arguelles, Bolunia, de Grano)
- Anti-retail trade liberalization law
(Burgos, Caraan, Cesar, Comia, Cortes, Cruz, del Carmen)
-30 minutes per group
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Write a feature article (800 to 1,000 words)
about the assigned topic to your group.
Submit on July 15. No free-riders please.
- Manang Yosi (Atanacio, Bacon, Balanag, Catsao, Cruz)
- Gino Ginintuan (Erive, Fajardo, Faustino, Freyra, Frias, Vizcarra)
- Prof. Mangubat's Centennial Boat (Gagarin, Go, Hugo, Laforteza, Lepatan)
- Prof. Odal-Devora's proposed RGEP on healing arts (Lu, Manarang, Navarro, Nombrano, Perez)
- Manila Studies Program (Reburiano, Rigodon, Rodriguez, Rosario, Sanicas)
- Doc Ed's Philosophy of Education (Solano, Tanyag, Tejada, Teves, Tria, Vicente)
Please note that preliminary research will be very helpful.
Grading system: 80% content (substance and syntax); 20% lay-out (text and photos)
- capital goods = goods to produce other goods
- OPH = oil price hike
- Prof. C. Ramota = new Political Science Program Head
- padayon = patuloy
- mariculture = palaisdaan sa dagat
- Issues on student's rights and welfare =
- white revolution = http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:T8JPwU3NaXwJ:www.nda.da.gov.ph/whiterev.htm+White+revolution&hl=tl&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ph
- Human Development Index = http://www.nscb.gov.ph/technotes/hdi/hdi_tech_def.asp
Saturday, July 05, 2008
- Pinoy Weekly Online = http://www.pinoyweekly.org/
- (DS 123) SONArt = http://www.pinoyweekly.org/cms/2008/07/repleksiyong-biswal-rebyu-ng-sonart
- "lowly" coins = http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20080706-146713/DepEd-project-would-urge-pupils-to-value-lowly-coins
- (DS 127) carbon trading = http://www.carbontrading.com/ct/ct2.htm
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
- Logo ng organisasyon
- Maikling kasaysayan ng organisasyon
- Ideolohiya ng organisayon
- Layunin ng organisasyon
- Pananaw ng organisasyon ukol sa (i) kalagayan ng
lipunang Pilipino at (ii) ilang tampok na isyung panlipunan
- Programa at proyekto ng organisasyon
(lalo na sa paglaban sa kahirapan)
- Panawagan ng organisasyon
*Minarapat kong lagyan ng balangkas ang praymer upang
magsilbing gabay ninyo para maiwasang mawalan ng direksyon at
magpaulit-ulit ang nilalaman nito. Makatutulong din kung ipapabasa
muna ito sa kanila bago isumite sa akin para sa katiyakan ng datos.
Topic: Cultural Politics/Social Constuction of Nora Aunor
*Reserve RH 313 (AVR) and the necessary equipment.
*Draft a short program and e-mail it
to me for approval on July 9 or earlier.
*Date of presentation: July 11
kung ito ay hindi magagamit upang tugunan ang mga
suliraning panlipunan na sumasagka sa pag-unlad ng
bawat isa sa partikular at ng lipunan sa pangkalahatan.
Hindi kathang-isip ang kahirapan at pananamantala.
Wala sa alapaap ang pakikibaka ng sambayanan para sa
karapatang pantao, panlipunang katarungan at demokrasya.
Hindi dapat lumulutang ang isang intelektwal sa kawalan.
Kung magkagayon, isa rin siyang malaking kathang-isip.
Visit the Lalawigan '08 photo exhibit along LT walk.
Choose one outstanding photo in terms of quality and social relevance.
Write your choice in a 1/8 sheet of paper along with your
justification. Indicate your name and afix your signature.
Econ 101 (TF) - submit it on July 4 session
Econ 101 (W) - to be collected by Azarraga (PS students),
Crisostomo (DS) and Mabesa (AS),
then submit them on July 4 in my pigeon hole inside DSS (before 12 noon)
NSTP - to be collected by Ms. Mangulabnan
(place them in my pigeon hole inside DSS)
DS 127 - to be collected by Ms. Eguico
(place them in my pigeon hole inside DSS on July 4 before 12 noon)
- Agumbay (industrial economics)
- Arawiran (social economics)
- Azarraga (Islamic economics)
- Balicsa (nationalist economics)
- Baquiran (business economics)
- Bauzon (womenomics)
- Camunay (political economy)
- Conferido (Biblical economics)
- Cortey (urban economics)
- Crisostomo (freakonomics)
- Cruz (health economics)
- Farinas (home economics)
- Gabuna (rural economics)
- Limit the report to 5-6 minutes (salient points only).
- Provide hand-outs.
(FORMAT: bullet format, 1/2 sheet of 8 x 11 bond paper, length-wise, Arial Narrow, 10 points)
- Format: topic, byline (consolidated by:), report proper, list of sources
- Minimum number of sources: 3
NOTE: I haven't recorded Econ 101 (W) class standing yet
so this task doesn't imply anything but just a continuation
of our Critical Political Economy ACLE.