Monday, June 09, 2014
Development Studies Program Objectives (updated)
- Demonstrate competence in using theoretical foundation and analytical tools in studying development and underdevelopment in the context of Philippine and Third world realities.
- Conduct social research for development work with the aid of appropriate information and communication technologies.
- Display the culture of nationalist and community-based development scholarship and practice.
- Capable of being advocates of community development to empower the marginalized and disenfranchised sectors.
- Develop appropriate development models based on the critical evaluation of the local conditions and similarly situated countries in the Third World.