Friday, June 27, 2014

Sipi mula sa mga akda ni Dr Ed Villegas na tinipon ng mga mag-aaral


"The quantifying mania has in a great measure exacerbated the compartmentalization of social knowledge, which of course has paralyzed practitioners in their own little expertise, afraid to make pronouncements on the specialization of others." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"National accounting is blind to who acquires the greater part of the gross domestic product whether, for instance, only the top 10% of the population gets the largest 90% share of the economic pie while the rest of the population only earns the remaining 10%."
- Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"The method of deriving GDP by neoclassical economists is not a measure of the economic welfare for the majority of the people, and in fact may reflect the magnitude of the exploitation of the resources of a country, which increases poverty in that land." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Unless responsible leaders and organizations of the world come together to intellectually combat the various theories of human progress promoted by the dominant capitalist class, more miseries and cultural bankruptcies will prevail upon the world." - Edberto Malvar Villegas

"If global economy remains in the hands of those who seek primacy in the marketplace, GNP accounting will only be a myth of development."  - Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Unless the private ownership of the means of production is changed in favor of the collective goods of the people, GDP growth as measure of the productive activities of societies will only reflect the economic prosperity of the few over the labor of the many and the exploitation committed against the true producers of the wealth of humankind." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"The finance market is one grand casino."  - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"The capitalist finance market, especially the stock exchanges, is like one grand casino where the unscrupulous and the manipulative thrive and most of the times win edging out the trusting and hopeful general public who merely desire to increase the values of their lifetime savings, their pensions and other liquid asses." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Since the main threat of the continued existence of American capitalism is the worldwide spread of communism, Filipino military officers have imbibed in themselves the anti-communist outlook of their American mentors." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

 "What is further unfortunate is that only one brand of Western social science is allowed to dominate by our educational authorities, and that is of the American type.  Thus, the people's choice regarding what could be the best society to build has become narrowed down to what their colonial-minded members allow to be laid on the table." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas



"It is the disunity of the working class that the capitalist class and its allies above all desire and encourage to prevent the proletariat to discover its awesome latent social power." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Dahil sa nagiging kaayusan sa lipunan natin na nagbubunga ng malalang diperensiya ng lungsod at kanayunan, ng industriya at agrikultura, patuloy na lumalakas ang mga taga-kanayunan patungong lungsod." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Ang demolisyon ay lantarang pagyurak sa dignidad ng mamamayan at pagkait sa kanilang karapatan sa paninirahan.  Bagamat ang ating bansa ay lumagda sa mga pandaigdigang kasunduan na nagdedeklarang di-makatao ang anumang uri ng demolisyon, patuloy pa rin itong nagaganap sa mga komunidad-maralita - isang realidad na lagi nang kakambal ng pagiging maralita." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Ang mataas na upa sa lupa, usura, pang-aalila, mababang pasahod, di-makataong kondisyon sa bukid, mataas na gastos sa produksyon, pandaraya sa kwenta ng gastos sa pagsasaka, kasama na rin ang kawalan ng sariling lupa bilang pangunahing problema at ang matinding humahagupit sa kabuhayan ng magsasaka ang nagtulak sa kanila na makipagsapalaran sa Maynila." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Ang makukuha nating aral sa kasaysayan ng Pilipinas ay ito: ang lumahok sa politika ng mga naghaharing uri ay ideyalistang paraan.  Kailangang palalimin ang pag-unawa ng uring manggagawa sa alternatibong sistemang papalit sa kasalukuyang lipunang umiiral sa Pilipinas at huwag umasa sa mga reporma na magmumula sa uring mapagsamantala." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"An occupying army of foreigners will constantly remind the natives of their subjugation." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas

"Ang mga kapitalista ay maaaring suportahan at palawakin pa ang mga akda sa sining at panitikan na walang katuturan sa problema ng isang lipunan. Sa naghaharing uri mainam na ang mga intelektwal at artista ay walang pakialam sa politika kung saan sila naghahari." - Dr. Edberto Malvar Villegas